Saturday, January 12, 2013

Take it to the Hoop!

I think it's the cheerleader in me that made me choose this title. I'm a little odd, but at least I realize that about myself. :) I wanted to put my new years resolutions/goals on here. Goals, get it? Take it to the hoop! Are those even called goals? Don't know and don't care. I find it funny, so that's all that matters. :)

I try not to choose too many in order to make them more real and doable. I also like the idea of someone else other than myself, and my husband, seeing these. It makes me hold myself a little more accountable. So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2013.

1. Tackle one big project a month. And by this I mean the projects that will take more time and/or money. Obviously, January is the month of the kitchen. My project for February? Hopefully my fireplace. It needs a face lift, and I can't really paint the living area without redoing it right away. Here is what it looks like now.


While a lot of people may think this looks good, it's just not my jam. I want something that has some interest, but is still neutral enough for me to be able to change up the accessories around the room without it looking odd. Here are some fireplaces that tickle my fancy.

picture from Screaming Meme 



picture from Pig and Paint

Obviously, I really like tile paired with a traditional fireplace surround. I need to find a tile that has interest, but isn't so bold that Brandon would truly hate looking at it everyday. 

2. Be realistic. The process of trying to make a house a home is never ending. I need to make sure that I remember that the house will not always be perfect, mainly because two imperfect people live in it. I need to remember that parts of the house will probably be disaster zones for quite some time. I will probably have some project going on, big or small, that requires part of the house to temporarily become a disaster. This is okay and not the end of the world. I also want to make sure that I am realistic in the time it's going to take to complete projects or save up the money for them. 

3. Add a daily devotional to my everyday routine. While I am usually pretty good about praying everyday, at some point during the day, I find it difficult to actually sit down and just have time for me and the Lord. The one thing that I should definitely be finding time to do, and I'm not! I'm going to make it my mission to find a daily devotional that will help me be more accountable. Hopefully, once I develop the routine, it will be so ingrained that I will do it without really thinking about it. Here is an example of what I am looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment